Thursday, March 20, 2014

What is a miracle?

We are still in the throws of preparing to move. It's just enough of a messy process that we hope this is it - both that our home has finally sold (we have an offer on the table) AND that we don't ever.have.to.do.this.again. [Punctuation placed liberally to tell you just.how.done.with.this.I.feel.]

Jonathan is doing very well. He is a trickster and today's trick was standing, by himself, for one whole second. He was so proud.  Maybe he'll be walking by himself before this last season of quarantine is over. Maybe we'll surprise everyone when we reemerge from our winter hibernation.

In the mean time, take a look at my post on the Hand to Hold blog, where I discuss coming to term with the term "miracle" that is used liberally by doctors and friends alike to describe my son. You might be surprised, but I don't like the term. Read here to find out why.

It doesn't take a preemie to be given "a miracle."
You're just more aware of what a miracle life is when you've got a preemie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers. Please post your comment below or contact me at momofa23weeker@gmail.com.